Here is an easy wedding planning checklist that you can work on from the comfort of your couch. Many cities are on a stay-at-home order in efforts to minimize the spread of Coronavirus. You may be at home wondering what to do with yourself for the next few weeks and this is the perfect time for you to catch up or get ahead on your wedding planning!
- Work on the guest list – create a guest list, narrow down who you plan to invite and collect addresses
For additional help with your guest list, read our blog post, “How to Create a Wedding Guest List”
- Write thank you cards for any gifts you’ve received
- Write your vows
- Schedule virtual meetings with your vendors
- Make a shot list for your photographer
- Ask your DJ for the list of songs they will need – this is a great time to research songs for First Dance, grand entrance, etc.
- Research gifts for the wedding party
- Practice your first dance in your living room
- Think about what you want to use for send off
- Research wedding dress styles and save some inspiration images
For additional help read our blog post “Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping”
- Work on your registry
- Research any vendors you haven’t hired yet – look at reviews, website and/or social media for their portfolio and a feel of personality
- Research bridesmaid dresses – colors and style
If you still need to ask your friends to be a bridesmaid, check out these free printable Bridesmaid Proposal Cards.
- Work on hotel room blocks
- Research and reserve rehearsal dinner location
- Research invitation wording
- Ask to work on your day of timeline with your planner or your photographer
- Order save the dates – plenty of time to stuff envelopes and address them
- Create your wedding website
- Research guest book ideas
- Think of the processional order and how you want to pair your bridesmaid and groomsmen
- Ask your officiant for virtual pre-marital counseling
- Research locations with your photographer for your engagement session
- Research an outfit for your engagement session
Allison Jeffers, Texas wedding photographer, has some great tips and links for “What to Wear to Your Engagement Session for Spring/Summer” or “What to Wear for your Engagement Session for Fall/Winter”
- Research outfits for your bachelorette party, engagement party, bridal shower, etc.
- Research signature drinks or set up a virtual meeting with your bartending company to talk about some recipes
If you are navigating through this and need the support of a wedding professional. I am available for a no charge 30 minute consult. Click here to schedule a support call with us!
Bianca Nichole Events is an Austin wedding planner, and will travel to Dripping Springs, San Antonio, Fredericksburg, and the surrounding Texas Hill Country area.