If you are are applying for your marriage license in Bexar county, here are somethings you will need:
- You will need $81 CASH they don’t accept other forms of payment.
- You will need your drivers license or other form of ID such as a passport or Birth Certificate.
- You need to know your Social Security number, but don’t need your actual social security card.
- You have 90 days to use your marriage license after you apply for it, so don’t go too soon. You can also not get married within 72 hours of receiving it, so don’t wait too long.
- The requirements will vary per county so if you are not in Bexar county, be sure to check with your local county courthouse for the requirements.
These requirements are as of October 1, 2019. If you are are applying for your marriage license in Bexar county, please visit Bexar County Marriage Licenses website to confirm they have not changed since then.
After the wedding ceremony, have your officiant sign the marriage license and mail the license to the address given to you when you received your license. After a few weeks you will receive it back in the mail signed by the county clerk and you can now use this document to legally change your name, show proof of marriage for insurance, etc.
Let’s get this planning party started! Want Bianca Nichole Events to help plan your wedding day? Click here to send us an inquiry!
Bianca Nichole Events is an Austin based wedding planner, and will travel to San Antonio, Fredericksburg, New Braunfels, Corpus Christi and the surrounding Texas Hill Country area.